Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Action Plan: Day 3

So, what was the rest of day 2 like? Well, I started with a big glass of cucumber-pear juice. I used an Asian pear because I like them better. The juice was very tasty and easy to drink. And just note, you’ll need a juicer for this recipe. I will definitely be making this juice on the reg.


Then for lunch I had leftover creamy broccoli soup. And it was just as awesome as it was the night before!

After lunch, I decided to take on the monstrous task of cleaning my garage. It was a lot of hard gross manual work like cleaning, sweeping, scrubbing floors, moving boxes, etc. I was a hot sweaty mess afterwards. But I figured it was a good way to get some movement into my day but not do a full blown workout during the first few days of this cleanse. A few hours after I was done, I had the craziest craving for something with sugar! Ice cream, chocolate, a cookies, anything! Fortunately, I did not cave because I have no such items available in my apartment. But the cravings didn’t really subside or go away, so I decided to make the strawberry coconut smoothie. The smoothie seemed to do the trick! Sugar withdrawal is such a strange phenomenon.


I made the cauliflower rice stir fry for dinner. This recipe is packed with all sorts of vegetables. The entire dish probably took me about 1 hour to make from start to finish. There’s just a lot of prep work involved when you’re using a large variety of vegetables. I got to use my new spiral vegetable slicer which is a fun new kitchen tool. Overall, the dish was very good and filling. The addition of cilantro is a must to give your taste buds something to smile about. I also had enough leftovers for at least two more servings. And yes, I used the chopsticks!



It’s now day 3 of the detox and I've already managed to purge four pounds of God only knows what! A quick unexpected side effect (but always welcomed)! I could tell when I woke up this morning that I was a little smaller around my mid section. My first thought, "Wow, this detox thing might actually be working!" So far today, I’d say I feel pretty foggy in the head. It’s not a headache and it’s not painful but I just feel “blah.” I’m pretty sure it’s a sign of my body cleaning house. I’ve heard that the level of your discomfort during the first few days of a cleanse depends on how toxic you were when starting out. I went into this assuming I was high on the toxic scale, so I'm expecting some discomfort. I'm hoping by day 4 or 5, it starts to clear up!

I had mentioned yesterday, the difficulty of doing a detox is doing it while you tackle your real life responsibilities. And low and behold, I came into work and at 8:30 am we had a birthday celebration for my secretary. There was a beautiful Pulix cake, brownies, and cookies. Of course, I wanted a piece of cake but I refrained. I sang happy birthday, gave her a hug, and went on my way. She got my love on her birthday and I get to say I'm still on track. Birthday cake temptation averted, for today at least!


No comments:

Post a Comment